Tuesday 3 March 2015

Back to Basics!

So if you all saw my last post you will have read that I am starting my blog again.... almost. Originally I was planning to create a whole new blog, however I just have not been able to find the time to redesign and make a new blog right now, so I am going to continue my new ideas on this blog for now and look at recoding the HTML if my brain can tackle all of those codes. I am certainly not gifted with technology skills! 

As I explained before, I needed a niche for my blog; something that would make mine a little different to most other fashion bloggers. Me and my friend sat down and decided to come up with some ideas on how to do that and the one thing we could think of was illustrations. Illustration has always been a love of mine and something I have always wanted to get back into so it  made perfect sense for me to do so by combining it with my blogging. The way in which I will do this is to illustrate my wishlists and favourite designer collections and everything else to do with fashion that I love. I will still incorporate my own photos but mostly it will be illustrations of my favourite fashion looks and picks.

I haven't illustrated in such a long time and I was pretty nervous to do so. I am far from perfect right now and there are a lot of great artists out there so I knew that to do this I was literally going to have to strip everything back to basics and start again for me to rebuild and reteach myself. This blog from now on will not only be a fashion blog, but a diary of my illustration progression.

My first illustration is of a few of the basics which I bought. I have used the leather Zara skirt with a basic long sleeve Primark top combined with a coat that I picked up in H&M a little while ago. As I said, I haven't drawn properly in about a year and a half, perhaps even longer, so to ease myself back into it I have stripped everything back and kept it to a basic pencil drawing with minimal shading.





You will also have to bare with me whilst I figure the best way to photograph or scan these illustrations. So hard so if anyone has any suggestions pleaaaaaase let me know?? 

Back to basics. 

As we are talking about basics, I thought what better to post about than some basics which I picked up from the high street this week. 

Pay day came and it is pretty much going as fast as it came in! I have so many clothes already but as my style has gradually changed and matured, many of the items that I do own are pretty much no longer wearable now. I have tried to get rid of most of it but I still have a lot that I cant part with 'just incase'. However, right now I am trying to build more on my basics; items that I can keep in my wardrobe and combine to make numerous outfits.

The first item which I bought was a basic knitted cami vest top. This top is perfect for many occasions. It is slightly cropped but will look super nice with a pair of black or grey high waisted jeans for a really casual look; but also a high waisted skirt or tailored trousers for an evening occasion.



Primark £5.00

My next basic was a crew neck grey long sleeved top with a small pocket. This is perfect for any wardrobe and can put with so many different outfits as it is just so simple and neutral.



Primark £2.50

Now every wardrobe needs some sort of blazer. It is just a real chic piece that can be used in any season or occasion. I got an absolute steel with this item. What I love about this blazer is the cut of it. It has been cut with a raglan sleeve which makes it quite unusual to many other blazers currently on the high street. I am normally a size 10 but I bought this blazer in a size 14 as it really suited the shape of the blazer to be quite oversized.


Primark £7.00

I picked up this V-Neck jumper from H&M today. I really love V-Neck as I find it quite a flattering shape on me. The thinnest part of my body is my collar bones and chest so I find that this type of neckline makes it quite elegant by softening the shape. This style of jumper is a little grungy which is perfect for my boyish style.



H&M £12.99

My last little treat was this BEAUTIFUL Zara skirt! I have been after a leather skirt for a little while now but never found one I loved, but this is just perfect. I love the A-line cut as it is super on trend. I tried the skirt on in-store but wanted to show my boyfriend before I bought it; however when I went back to buy it they had all sold out so I have ordered this online and have put the link for this below.


Zara £25.99

What basics have you guys picked up lately?

Charlotte.
Kiss.

6 comments:

  1. Those illustrations are beautiful Charlotte! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam!!! So nice of you! I still have a ton of practice to get in and I need a better way of placing them in my blog and stuff but I guess that is part of the journey. Love youuuuu xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting! Just remember that sometimes the only way forward is to move back to the basics. (And your sketches are amazing!)
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is indeed. Cant beat basics! Everything starts with a foundation and its the same with style. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! It is indeed. Cant beat basics! Everything starts with a foundation and its the same with style. xx

      Delete