Wednesday 25 February 2015

So, what is your Niche?

Recently I have been getting a little...ermmm... fed up? Is that the right word.. I aren't to sure. All I know is, that I am unhappy with how my blog currently is. All of you fashion bloggers who will read this post may understand? I will try to explain how I feel. 

Every day I wake up, check twitter, check my blog, check pretty much all of my social media. I then spend my evenings writing posts that I sometimes feel are a little forced. I then spend my late evenings trying to promote them posts in a ridiculously saturated pool of fashion blogs. Everyone of them repeats or copies of one another. Nothing is different? 

I am fed up of just looking at photos of the same stuff, reviews of the same products and just pretty much having to like posts that I have read on someone else's blog previous to them.

I have been working with one of my most creative friends a couple of evenings and we have been researching and jotting down ideas and decided that we need a NICHE. Something that makes us different to every other fashion blog. There are some great blogs that are succeeding well, but there are also THOUSANDS that really aren't and are receiving followers for the sheer fact that they are following other people back. 

I made a note of the things that I love. I then made a list of the things I was actually GOOD at, and the things I was BAD at. There is a difference between enjoying something and actually being good at it at the same time. I see a lot of blogs where it is obviously a passion for them, but generally not very good. I have the same problem. I have a great eye for clothes, style, trend; anything like that. My down fall is that, I don't have a supermodel body, which is 100% totally fine! You don't need to at all, but for me, my lack of confidence holds me back in a lot of ways and I find it a huge thing to post photos of me like I currently am. I also don't have a great backdrop, I don't have photoshop and I don't have everything else that makes my OOTD shots good. Some people can absolutely nail it, I really can't and I feel like my passion is getting lost in my communication. 

For that reason I am going to try something new. I may not delete this one, I might even keep running them both as I aren't sure if this idea will even work. I will still have outfit posts, I will still have my favourite picks. I will still have my favourite designers and I will continue to promote my love for fashion. But the way in which I communicate is going to change. I am going to do it in a way where I know I can do it and do it well. 



Bare with my guys and follow my new blog when it is ready. 
Won't be long I promise. 

Charlotte.
Kiss.


2 comments:

  1. This was such an interesting post and all so true, there are way to many blogs out there that write the same posts, take the same pictures, and look exactly the same as 100 other blogs. I do try to make my blog different by letting my personality shine through.

    Ooh La Luce | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beaut! I am really glad that you enjoyed it. Oh yer totally! I love your blog and there are a ton of others I love as well, but I just want to try do something different. I feel like I sort of rushed into this blog without actually thinking about anything. I just knew I loved fashion and was like right thats it... going to blog about fashion. But I want to bring something a little different. Its taking me a while to get everything set up and plan. I am soooo bad with HTML coding :(!

      Keep going though! Love what you do xxxx

      Delete