Sunday 22 February 2015

Birthday Treats!

So it was my birthday last Wednesday and I have just been so busy since, that I have had absolutely zero time to post! I have so many things I want to talk about and so little time to actually do it all. So here is my first one and I am going to talk about my birthday and the lovely gifts I got.

I share my birthday with my boyfriend... Whether it's a good thing or not I am still trying to figure out; some people say that it was fate, but I can see the days in the not so distant future when presents and cards will no longer be to just me or Danny, but joint and addressed to us both! Saying that though I had one of the best birthdays I have ever had!

Danny came round in the morning and we exchanged gifts. I was more excited to give him his gifts than I was to receive my own! He had been nagging for this for such a long time and just knew how happy he would be to have them. I bought him the Dr Marten Adrian loafers. 

 


So here's a little bit for the guys now. 

These shoes are just so effortlessly cool; he wears nothing but Dr Martens now as he just loves the brand. For me, shoes are sooo important for a guy, so I always think that it is good to invest in a few decent pairs rather than just a lot of not so nice ones. I remember on our first date, Danny turned up wearing some tatty brown Vans. I mean, I know there are worse shoes, and he did well as he wore them with a Fred Perry shirt, but he just needed a bit of guidance and maturing. For me Vans are just a little young. He often used to wear them with band t-shirts and go for that kinda skater look; but now he has a much more refined style with his Dr Martens and a lot more tailoring and some classic knit jumpers. Being in a band he still wanted to keep it quite cool so he keeps the whole look a little more punk; something a bit more mature than american skater guy.

As well as those, I bought him a snowboarding lesson at Xscape in Castleford. he has always wonted to do it and its just a great experience. If you are looking for a gift idea for a guy that is a little different, then this is perfect. It was only £32.49 and can be booked HERE.

Now my gifts from him. He bought for me some boots which I have been admiring for such a long time. Every time I went into Topshop, I would pick these boots up.




So on trend with the pointed toe, I was helpless to them. They can be paired with so many different things; skinny jeans, culottes, skirt or dress. They are just the ideal boot to take me through to spring! 



The next present was really nice. Danny always reads my posts on my blog and had obviously read my wish list. He bought me the oversized shirt dress from Missguided that I had been longing for. I admit it's a little 'Wednesday Addams' but I love it. And he loves me dressed like that. 

This dress would look great on it's own with my new Topshop boots which he had just bought me but also can be taken through to spring with a pair of sliders for a more minimal look. It's one of those items that is likely to just be a timeless piece because of its simplicity and colour. 

After exchanging gifts, I did the good deed of cooking him breakfast; top girlfriend I reckon. We had such a lovely morning before going ice skating! 

Originally we were going to go to an indoor water park in York, but we then realised that it was half term and it would just be a nightmare. So instead we went to Hull Ice Arena and spent the afternoon ice skating. I pictured this as a super romantic thing to do... Oh no. When your boyfriend is an ex ice hockey player and I was more like a lanky deer trying desperately to reach for the side every 2 seconds then proceeding to fall flat on my arse, it wasn't the most romantic idea I have ever had, but it was hilarious. Looking for something a bit different to do.. Totally recommend ice skating!

Now if you live local to Hull, I am totally going to tell you to go to a place called Thieving Harry's. Danny had planned to take me out for tea so I returned the gesture by taking him for lunch. 


Thieving Harry's is on Humber Street near Hull Marina. It was the most beautiful day so we were really lucky. We sat upstairs and had such an amazing view over the marina. It is a real quirky place with old fixtures and a mix and match decore. With a reasonable price tag it's a lovely place to go for a weekend lunch. 

We later went shopping before returning home and to get changed to go out for tea. We went to a beautiful place in Beverley which I will talk more about in my next post as I am planning to do an outfit post. 

Keep your eye out for it!

Charlotte
Kiss.


2 comments:

  1. I love the loafers you got for your boyfriend /i just showed them to my fiance and he loves them. We're looking for them on amazon. Thanks for sharing
    x,Abril
    ps. two lovely bloggers and I are hosting a pinterest party, it is a great way to promote your blog and meet other blogger, we would love you to join us.
    http://the-colorpalette.blogspot.com/2015/02/pinterest-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yey!! So glad! Honestly they really are worth the spend if you can. He has never had them off since getting them. Maybe try eBay aswell as you can get them there but because he is only a size 7, I couldnt find any in his size but a lot of companies sell them brand new on there for about £80.

    Thank you so much I will check that out now!

    Charlotte
    xxx

    ReplyDelete