Sunday 1 February 2015

WHITE!

So I haven't blogged in a few days, I have just been super busy and I am trying to chill on the amount of time I put into this blog because it sort of seems that everything else started to take a back seat. But now it's Sunday night and the boyfriend is doing his college work, I thought that I would spend some time blogging about the outfits I had over this weekend.

This weekend we had a late staff party at House of Fraser. I think that it is always nice when people from work can get together and spend time away from the shop floor. As a visual merchandiser my job is seriously physical! I literally get THE best work out every day, so needless to say (even with a job in fashion), no day is a catwalk for me and I have to dress in clothes that allow me to do the physical activities that my job demands from me; so jeans and t-shirt, my hair in a bun on top of my head, not to mention occasionally days I am caught in my step dads beautiful oversized t-shirt that is just covered in paint for any painting or dirty jobs needing doing. That is just before my make up slides down my face after the serious running around and muck on my face. You can get the idea.... TRAMP. So it felt nice to have an opportunity to get dressed up nice and let people see how I would look outside of work normally.

Normally when I am going out or anywhere nice, I will make the effort to wave my hair, but this evening I decided that I wanted to do something a little different... well... different for me. I am super lucky with my hair, it is dead straight and in really good condition since I stopped dying my hair; so I find that I never really have to do that much to it. Tonight I decided that my dress was going to suit a more natural look so wanted to keep everything very simple. Rather than having a middle parting I decided to put it slightly on a side... GROUND BREAKING RIGHT? But that's just me, I aren't great at hair, especially when doing put ups, so I generally just keep it down. This look took no effort for me. After I had washed my hair I used Morrocan Oil on the ends of my hair, I then sectioned my hair bit by bit and blow dried with a curling brush to try and give it a bit more volume. And that is literally it. I used no product or other styling items. Super easy. Super simple.

                     



My outfit was again really simple. minimal accessories, just super clean. This dress is originally from Mango but I bought it off of ASOS. It had been reduced from £39.99 to £12.00. The only thing that I would say about this dress is, when I ordered it, there was a disclaimer saying that this dress comes up very small in fit so they advise to order a size up. Normally a small, I ordered a medium and the dress came too big. I went to go order the small but it was no longer in stock so I was a little disappointed. The dress is still wearable and still looked really nice but it was big on my waist and under the arms so I am going to have to take it in slightly. Still a real bargain at only £12.00.


Dress - ASOS £12
Shoes- Primark
Bag- Zara

Times like this I need a bit of tan on my pastey winter legs. I just wear plain black courts from Primark for £12 and the bag is from Zara. I love the neck line and cut on this dress. Super flattering and really easy to just throw on.

Charlotte
Kiss.



No comments:

Post a Comment