Thursday 12 February 2015

Outfit of the day... Grunge.

When I got a blog, I expected blogging to be much more different to this. I expected to meet lots of bloggers who would share a passion like I do; I wanted to meet people who I could have creative conversation with, but I have found that so many really aren't. I find myself trailing through blogs that are really nothing more than an account with hundreds of followers and terrible or no content. Most of what contains 'Follow for follow'. I just cannot get my head around it frankly? Why follow for follow? Or if I don't follow back, delete me. Blogging is about expressing your creativity and being proud of what you are doing... not the number of followers you can say you have. Ultimately that is the goal....of course... But people should want to follow a blog for its quality and content. Not to boast followers... that doesn't make you a good blogger? 
Don't get me wrong I have found some amazing blogs, and people that really are inspiring. But the majority isn't and it really is frustrating for me to see so many bloggers with such a lack of love or passion. Just an outfit with 1 sentence then an #OOTD... that doesn't make you a blogger?
I just feel blogging isn't a world which I want to get too deep into if this is all it is.
Enough of the rant anyway. This is my outfit of the day. And a little pre-warning... its a little goth. But what can I say, I just love that shit.



This dress that I am wearing is one which I got from Zara in the sale for the bargain price of £9.99. It is no longer available, however I have found a really nice one which is almost identical on ASOS.



I styled mine in a very similar way as to how they had styled this dress on ASOS. I really love that grungy/gothic look some days and today was one of them.




The boots in this outfit are from Primark but again I got these as a present form my boyfriend almost a year ago now and haven't seen them in store for a while. I wanted them so bad because they reminded me of a pair of Balenciaga boots I was lusting over for such a long time!

Expensive taste...Primark budget.

I have seen these boots below which I have fallen in love with which would go really well. They are a Chelsea boot brogue style from ASOS. In the sale for only £33!


I hope that you enjoyed my outfit of the day even if it was a simple one.

Charlotte
Kiss.

8 comments:

  1. Have you joined any Facebook groups? I've met loads through the Manchester Bloggers and UK Bloggers group pages! :)
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't actually but that sounds really good! Il have a look now! Thank you so much! X

      Delete
  2. I have that dress from this Zara sale too! Seriously their sale is unreal. But about the blogging, I get what you mean. And the same churned out 'posts' without any writing doesn't make you a good blogger. And F4Fs drive me crazy!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg isn't it just! I love it so much, and this dress is so nice. So comfy and can make it into so many things! It really is frustrating. Why do it? I want people to follow because they enjoy what I do. I stopped following people back in the end because I thought of you delete me then I don't want that type of blogger as a follower anyway. I follow back people who's blogs I enjoy and who make the effort to talk and stuff but if I know it's just for followers I won't bother. X

      Delete
  3. I have a similar dress that I bought ages ago now from Topshop and I have never got rid of it. I know one day I will want to wear it for either a evening occasion or day occasion. You really can't beat a black dress at the end of the day. I'm thinking of styling mine in the day with a loose open white shirt over the top and maybe a fedora and some sliders when it gets more into the summer :) I love the whole grunge vibe you have done to it though! llh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I know that is the beauty of something like this. It is just so versatile! That sounds so good how you would style it. I plan on putting it with sliders for the summer/spring time! Still loving your style as well. Always having a nosey at what you have been up to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! new reader here, I just wanted to say I totally know what you mean, but mostly i wanted to say I love this outfit, its exactly what I'd wear if I was thinner ;)

    ReplyDelete