Sunday 15 February 2015

Valentines... Venetian Murano Glass.

So it was that time of year again... Valentines. I never really get that hung up over valentines. I am a true romantic but Valentines just always seem super cheesy and just a money making scheme, but this year was my first Valentines with my boyfriend. He is always so romantic so I expected him to have done something.

I had been at work all day; as was are saving for our house I have a Saturday job working in a bridal store doing sales and designing. It was such a lovely day at work. Everyone was so loved up because they were looking for their wedding dress on Valentines day. I had one of the best days at work ever, I couldn't have loved it any more; but I was so excited to just get home and see my boyfriend. 

We share our birthday which is the 18th of February; only 4 days after Valentines, we also went for a meal only the night before so to go out 3 times in 1 week would have been just to much so instead we decided to see Fifty Shades of Grey! 

I got home from work and started to get ready and arranged for my boyfriend to come round to my house and we would have takeaway before we went out. He turned up at my door with 18 red roses and a small gift in his hand. I had never been bought roses before so it was just such a lovely gesture. BUT the best part was what he got me, and it is this which I want to really talk about. 

A little while ago I saw a necklace which was a Murano glass love heart. I love Murano glass, it is such a beautiful thing. I asked for it for Christmas however he bought me some other things that I wanted instead. Not thinking much of it, I opened my present to find not just the necklace that I wanted, but to find out he had it made especially for me. 

It was a one of kind with no other the identical in the world. I literally couldn't have wished or hoped for anything more special. 


Normally I aren't a jewellery person at all. I never wear necklaces or bracelets. I wear rings that are from places such as Topshop and other various high street stores and I have a few piercings which I will wear jewellery in but I generally like to keep everything pretty minimal and clean. But I wanted something which I could wear daily and this necklace is just so perfect. 

If you are thinking of designing or making your own, have a look on this website below. 

You can get any colour that you like, they make such beautiful and personal gifts as well as a lovely treat to yourself. 

What did you guys get for Valentines this year?
Charlotte
Kiss.


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte, I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Find my post here: Twenty Four

    Enjoy!

    Zita Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the necklace! So Sweet!! I didn't get anything for Valentines but that was my call ha! I was spoilt rotten on my birthday and christmas so that was fine by me :D xx Thats so cute that your boyfriend remembered! Certainly got a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well to be honest, I normally aren't a Valentines sort of person but it is our first valentines together so he wanted to do something! I have indeed :D xx

      Delete
  4. If I wear jewelry it is usually earrings, but I do love this necklace, so simple and cute. That's awesome that you share birthday's. I'm not due for my baby boy until March, but I guessed the 18th. Seems like a good day for me to have a birthday! lol. I love your posts and nominated you for the Versatile blogger award.
    http://catearsandcoloredhair.blogspot.com/2015/02/versatile-blogger-award.html#.VOI-4C5kmu8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yer I don't really like jewellery but this is just perfect amount for me. Its quite weird that we share out birthdays though, I aren't to sure if it is going to be a good thing or a bad thing; I guess I will find out tomorrow when we open our presents are cards together haha. To be honest he has been really sweet about it and he said he wants to do what I want to do. I have already been nominated for that award but thank anyway! x

      Delete
  5. That is such a pretty necklace, and a gorgeous colour x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete