Sunday 11 January 2015

Dustin Yellin

So I stumbled across this artist not too long ago and I just absolutely fell in love with his work! I love fashion, I love music, but I also love art!

The technique that Dustin uses is through the assembling of individual drawings. Every piece of resin has had a different image produced onto it, however, when each of the pieces are merged together, they work in sync to create a soul three-dimensional sculpture.

One of my favourite pieces of his work is called 'Psychogeographies'.


Here he has created several pieces which each resemble that of a human form. Each piece is created by using different mediums such as magazines and other general fabrications from an 'urban environment' as well as acrylics to produce a collage.



Through reading numerous articles about this piece, it became apparent that he was inspired by the Terracotta Army founded in China in 1974. The Terracotta Army was a creation centuries old that depicts an army made entirely of terracotta. This army was built to protect the Emperor of China; Qin Shi Huang, in his afterlife

If you have ever seen the Terracota Army you will see the absolute sheer enormity of it. Each individual soldier is built to a full human scale with each one completely different to the next.  I find it so fascinating and perhaps that is what attracted me to Dustin Yellin's 'Psychogeographies'.

I am in absolute admiration of this artist. The idea and complex production of these pieces is sheer genius and I will be following this artist closely in the future. I cannot wait to discover more of his work and see what he creates next.

Charlotte
Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment