Sunday 25 January 2015

This season's must have...CULOTTES.

I I have been admiring culottes for a long time and just never dared to stray away from my old faithful skinny jeans and tapered trousers. I mean they are HUGE! But the more and more I see them the more I seem to fall in love with them. They are going to be big this season as they were in Fall and I have to admit I feel a little late catching onto the these bad boys but I finally have myself a pair!! They have been on catwalks everywhere; from the likes of Chloe and Fendi, to J.W.Anderson and Kenzo, but now I have a pair I can complain no more!

I have been getting some ideas on how to style them and there are just so many ways! I remembering having a pair when I was very young and styling them just so so bad, maybe that is what used to put me off, the fear of yet another wardrobe disaster. There is nothing worse than looking back and cringing at your shambles of an outfit!



Here are my favourite street style looks on how to style culottes.





I have decided to start simple in terms of styling with these. Need to ease myself into it I think, but I honestly cannot tell you how hard it was to style these. I felt totally out of my comfort zone. I often struggle when styling if I feel that a trend is a bit to 'out there' or 'too cool' for me. I am my own worst critic at times I think, people always compliment my taste and clothing choices but sometimes I do still get it very wrong. But I guess practice makes perfect and I need to start somewhere. So any opinions on what you like and don't like about this outfit would be totally amazing!!!



I put my culottes with an oversized top which my boyfriend bought me for Christmas. It is a basic ribbed jersey top from Topshop and I believe it was £18... Il have to ask him on that one. But having looked at some street style inspo, I felt like oversized was a good way to go. By tucking it in, it gives a more slouchy, effortless look.

I was always told that when attempting to style culottes, treat them as you would an A-Line skirt. So I guess that is what I tried to do! If you want some amazing tips on where to start with these check out this website below!

http://stylecaster.com/how-to-wear-culottes/

Rather than teaming it with a tailored coat, I put my ASOS 'leather' jacket with it to make it look a little more casual. I LOVE this jacket. I got it in the ASOS sale for £55 and it was one of the best buys I have ever bought. Every girl has a leather jacket in their wardrobe, whether it is real or not real, we all have one and this is just perfect!

I decided to wear these with heels, I was very concious of where these trousers finished on my leg, so by combining the outfit with heels, I hoped that it would elongate my legs a little. I am quite tall anyway at 5'9'' but I think with a cropped trouser, it is still easy to make anyone look a little stumpy. These shoes are from House of Fraser in the sale for £19 which unfortunately they no longer have. 

The best part about these culottes is the price! £7 from good old Primark! I thought for £7 even if I wear them just once, you can't really go wrong. The only thing that I wish that they had is pockets! I love nothing more than a pocket in my trousers but who cares about a pocket or two when they are this cheap!!

So go grab them girls! Its a wardrobe must have! Let me know what you think about this outfit!

Charlotte.
Kiss.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post hun.You look beautiful,I love your outfit,those culottes look great in combination with leather jacket :)

    Valentina from fashionwithvalentina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying so! Effortless looks are always the hardest to get right haha. x

      Delete
  2. Hi! I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Check out the post below to see what you have to do :)
    http://andallthatfairydust.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair from last year and can't wait to start wearing them again, love the way you styled yours! your shoes are so cute. would be great if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love culottes so much but they just look awful on me :( You look amazing in them! I love how you've styled them with the over sized top!
    Alice xo
    www.shesthunderstorms.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much Alice!! Aw I am certain that they don't look awful on you! You have real nice style, just have fun with them? When I first bought them I put them together as an outfit and it was hideous... I was like no way can I wear these, but I started looking into it more and I thought about it differently and came up with this instead. I wish they were a little longer to be honest but they are nice for the summer :)!! Still loving your blog!! xxx

      Delete