Monday 19 January 2015

My current loves... Music.

I love music. Soooo much. It can make me happy, make me sad, make me crazy, make me calm. But it is just such a great thing to appreciate and there is always something for everyone and for every part or time in their life. I have always had quite a broad range of music that I love... even.. very shamefully... Taylor Swift... I mean..uumm? WHAT? But she writes a heck of a happy song! Il have to blame this one on my sisters constant repetition of albums blasting from her bedroom... But all jokes aside I want to talk about my favourites right now.

I have always been a little bit different to my friends when it comes to my music taste. Most liked 'chart music' but I dunno, there is just something a little over produced and repetitive about it all. Not that I have a problem with that, I just like the excitement of finding something new, or a little different. My boyfriends have always had the greatest impact on my music. I have never dated anyone that didn't have a massive love for music. My first boyfriend had the largest impact on what I  listened to. He made me love stuff like The Vines, The Rifles right up to stuff like Them Crooked Vultures and Eagles of Death Metal. it was sort of around that time that I really started to appreciate music and try to find some new stuff.

But now I am with my current boyfriend Danny who has a slightly different taste in music. I would say a little heavier than I normally like but I really love how we can talk about our differences yet still appreciate the same music. Our first year together we went to Leeds festival and it was just such a great time for us to share what we both love. I made him fall in love with The Hives and he made me fall in love with Royal Blood a little bit more.

So I am just going to go look at my most played playlist and talk a little bit about why I can't get enough of these artists right now.

1. Kasabian
With their new album out '43:13' out last year, I just cannot stop listening to it. I listened to the album when it first came out and just loved it. The pivotal point when I actually said the words 'Wow, I think these might actually be better than Arctic Monkeys' was when I saw their live set at Glastonbury. Unfortunately I wasn't there. I tried hard for my tickets but it wasn't to be. But Kasabian just get better and better. I have heard that their album after this is going to be a little more electronic like more of their earlier stuff. But I guess we will have to see.

I just know that this is the album of 2014 for me! No doubt about it.

2. The Kooks
Again, another album released in 2014 and another one I couldn't contain my excitement for. There has been a lot of mixed opinion on this album as they have changed their sound slightly, apparently being more influenced by R&B, but I actually do really love it. It still has that Kooks feeling of it that they had in 'Inside In, Inside Out' but they have tried to develop in a different direction. Its catchy and its fun. I like it.

3. Skaters
This is a relatively new band that I have gotten into to be honest. My boyfriend kept saying to me that I needed to listen to them and I was always like 'Nahhhhhh, just stick The Courteeners on for a bit' and just never really gave it a chance until a few weeks back now. And now I just can't believe that I didn't listen before! I am HOOKED!

4. Wolf Alice
Perfect chill out and a cool as fuck lead singer Ellie Rowsell. They have a perfect balance of a little grunge with 'Moaning Lisa Smile' to the chilled sound of 'Blush'. Just love them.



5. Catfish and the Bottlemen.
I cannot believe how big this band has become in the past year. It's as if they just came from nowhere and now there are everywhere. I recently saw these play Fruit in Hull and were absolutely amazing. It was so good to see what is a huge band now playing Brixton Academy in a small and intimate gig like we did.

I realise that most of these artists aren't exactly 'New' or 'Undiscovered' whatever you want to call it, but I aren't bothered about that. These are just the artists that I am enjoying right now, with many other artists.

Who is top of your playlist chart right now?

Charlotte
Kiss.




No comments:

Post a Comment