Tuesday 27 January 2015

Givenchy's Femme Fatales and Fiendish Males.

I have wanted to post about this since I first saw the pictures hit my social media; I'm talking about the spectacle that is Givenchy Menswear Fall 2015. I am obsessed with Givenchy and this just made me even more so. This show threw me right back to the sublime creations of Alexander McQueen in early 2000's.


I have loved Givenchy for as long as I can remember now. From the simplistic and sleek designs from it's founder, Hubert de Givenchy, to the satanic and gothic designs from its now creative director Riccardo Tisci, Givenchy is never a disappointment. I always look forward to seeing what Givenchy will do next, but I am always in extreme anticipation for their couture shows; however it is their Fall 2015 menswear that has taken me by real surprise. I adore everything about this collection! Its dark and satanic images, its creative incorporation of jewelled femme fatales and strong tailoring, this has to be one of my favourite collections for a long time that I have seen from the designer. Riccardo Tisci has always been renowned for his religious influences and it is greatly obvious in this collection.

Here are my favourite looks from the collection.





 



The impeccable tailoring and mismatched pinstripes, the black devore velvet, and the satanic and fiendish aesthetic; Tisci has not only created sense of power and strength amongst the male model, but he has created his very own femme fatales. These women have an even more overwhelming sense of power than that of the males they share their stage with.

Now the anticipation for what will be undoubtedly a spectacular couture show!!!

With couture fashion week kicking off, be sure to keep an eye out for more of my favourite collections and reviews.

What did you guys think of Givenchy's Fall 2015 Menswear collection?

Charlotte
Kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment