Thursday 22 January 2015

Skin Detox!

I have mentioned before I have very troublesome skin. I have had it under control for a while now but I can start to see it just getting gradually worse so its time to stop it in its tracks and get it looking healthy again. I hate thick and cakey make-up. I am very much an 'Au Natural' sort of person and so for me when I have bad skin I feel ugly when I have to pile a ton of foundation onto my face to make my skin presentable. One positive for me is that I have a lot of freckles on my face which is a GOD SEND when my skin breaks out as you can't generally tell much, people always compliment me on my freckles so when I have to cover them over in an inch of make up it is very evident how much make up I am wearing.

With my job I am super active, my lifestyle never allows me to stop. I work 6 days a week so I never take care of what I am putting into my body. I never drink enough, I know that I don't because I get terrible headaches and I am constantly tired which then has a knock on effect on my skin. When I was younger my skin was awful, I had a serious lack of confidence from it but luckily my skin is nowhere near as bad as that but it really is an effort for me.

Currently I take Yasmin which is a contraceptive pill that it is targeted towards controlling the hormones which effect things such as your skin. I have found that this pill is one of the better prescriptions I have taken but I still have to take other supplements alongside of this.

So here is my guide to nice healthy skin!!


1. Dairy free diet. 
So I have done this before and it does take a while to get used to be it is 100% worth it. It is also much healthier for you in general which is an even greater excuse.

Apparently the hormones which are found in diary products have a bad effect on our own skin. The hormones in the milk are hormones which are essential to a baby cows development and growth, but them hormones that we are putting into our body have a bad effect on us. As an unnecessary hormone for us, it causes more damage than good.

I love milk as well, but not for much longer. From tomorrow I will be swapping all dairy products for a soya supplement.

2. WATER WATER WATER! 
I never have enough of this stuff. It's not even that I drink alternatives, I just don't drink at all which is the absolute worst! Water is one of the healthiest things for us and with a million and one benefits it is going to become one of my main daily tasks to get at least 2 litres down me!!

3. Evening Primrose Oil.
Evening primrose oil is a natural supplement that is recommended when trying to rebalance hormone levels. It is often used by people experiencing the menopause and other hormonal imbalances like bad skin.

I love this stuff! 2 capsules a day and my skin is glowing. The only thing when taking supplements orally is that it can take up to 3 months for the results to start to show; so if you ever take anything like this, you have to be patient.

4. Witch Hazel.
This is a great product for treatment directly onto the skin. Make it part of your daily routine, wash your face with a non abrasive wash then apply this with a cotton wool pad to the whole of the face. It is completely natural and super cheap!

I used to use a face scrub every night and I realised that by doing this I was doing more damage than good. The scrub was taking more layers of skin off every time I was using it and I just wasn't giving my skin a chance to repair itself. I recommend St.Ives facial scrub for oil control but use it only 2-3 times a week at most. For every other day I would recommend a foaming face wash that is more gentle on the skin. I use BareMinerals purifying facial cleanser, as I swear by BareMinerals and their make-up. If you have love for a faceful of make-up then this ISN'T the product for you. It is light covering make up that allows your skin to breathe with a much more natural look.

Any other skin care tips I would LOVE to hear! I always enjoy finding new products that will help my skin look radiant.

Charlotte
Kiss.


5 comments:

  1. Adorable blog! Check out the link where I have mentioned your blog as nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. http://dressdynamic.blogspot.com/2015/01/nominated-for-very-inspiring-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charl, I found Bioderma - Sebium range the best stuff for my skin :) I usual get really sore itchy break outs around my chin and it's always worse when i've eaten something sugary so i try to lay off anything with sugar! I've found dairy doesn't affect mine, but if you're replacing milk as i'm lactose intolerant i found Almond milk the best substitute instead of soya. Might be something you want to look into as i read varied reviews about how good/bad soya products are for your body. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative that's just as good as bare minerals, beauty bay do their own brand of mineral make up which i found is great for my skin and a fraction of the price! - Beca Hart xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beca! Thank you tons for your reply! I have never heard of Bioderma, I will have to have a look into that! Danny always tells me I should use almond instead but I have never tried it, I have just read a lot of stuff about people changing to soya but with you saying that it might be worth me trying almond!!. I normally get unsweetened soya, can you get unsweetened almond? I don't like it massively sweet if I put it on cereal. I have never heard of that either! I spend a BOMB on BareMinerals as well! Do you find you get a nice covered with it still?

      Hope you are well.

      Delete
  3. Hi sweets, sorry for the late response!

    I get Bioderma here http://www.escentual.com/bioderma/ i use the Sebium foaming cleansing gel, and Sebium Mattifying fluid :) then i use the Sebium Micelle solution to remove make up - it's soo good for removing even waterproof make up!

    I then use this once a week http://www.escentual.com/vichy/normaderm01/

    You can get unsweetened almond milk from Tesco it's really tasty actually i do miss normal milk but you get used to it! http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=273701571 I like this brand as it's super low cal too!

    The beauty bay make up is great! I find a great coverage on my skin, but i've never used bare minerals so i can't really compare, but it's such a good steal for the price and i find it doesn't irritate my skin at all - i'm like you i hate wearing make up and i hate feeling like i've got tonnes of it on my skin! You can get it here :) http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/beautybaythecollection/spf20mineralfoundation/ I use Natural 03.

    Hope this helps! Since reading your post i've started taking Evening Primrose Oil tabs and no joke i can already feel a complete difference not only in my skin but in my mood swings too! I'v had the implant in my arm for 2 and half years and i'm normally as hormonal as an 8 month pregnant lady haha but since taking these i feel so much happier and like my normal self again - so big thank you for that as i've never heard about them before!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love! Snap, I didnt even see you reply until I was going through my emails! I am putting an order in for that make up now! I might have to get the cleanser in a couple of weeks but totally going to use the make up. Bare minerals costs me tons for all the stuff, I like it but I am open to changing if I can save myself some money!

      I am sooooo glad that it has helped!!! You are more than welcome! Just remember to take it regularly because when you stop taking it or take it every now and then it can mess your hormone levels up more by doing that! So glad that you found it helpful!!! Thank you for all of your help as well! Totally using some of that!

      xxx

      Delete