Thursday 1 January 2015

MEOW! NYE Outfit.

Some people aren't really a fan of NYE, often seen as a big build up for a massive let down with overpriced drinks and that's IF you can get served. I'm one of them people; I never really am that excited for it. But this year was different. 2014 was the year I met the most amazing guy. Together what is soon to be a year, I was super excited to spend it with him knowing the plans we had made for 2015. We decided to go to a place called Country Park Inn with some of our friends. It was perfect. The setting is a small pub/function room on the waterfront of the River Humber. It was a chance for us all to get suited and booted.

The Outfit.



Next £45

                          





House of Fraser £19




My style is never 'Glam', I hate anything that is pink, or glittery...and absolutely never ever DIAMANTÉ!!! NO! I studied Fashion Atelier for 3 years which is essentially the studying of tailoring and couture techniques. This 3 years had the greatest impact on the way that I dress and I feel like it was around this time that I really started to develop a 'Style'. I became obsessed with tailoring. The art of tailoring is just such an understated technique in today's society but when you look back at how beautiful the tailoring was in over the past hundreds of years, you really begin to appreciate and empathise with the beauty and the craft.

I am heavily influenced by labels such as Comme des Garcons, Martin Margiela, Alexander McQueen; labels which are truly respectful of fashion and constantly brings something new.

My outfit choice for the evening was tailored. I chose to wear a black tailored dress from Next. I chose this dress because I just fell in love with the way that the dress was so elegantly cut. Darted at the waist and the bust it just skimmed the body in such a way it made me feel like I was wearing something much more expensive.

Now the shoes.... well... I could have chosen black (As I normally would have, but hey..its New Year!) so instead I opted for a leopard print court shoe. Again as you will begin to see over my daily posts, I have a slight obsession for leopard print. These court shoes where from House of Fraser in the sale. I got them for £19. An absolute bargain and they just added something different to my outfit.

Charlotte
Kiss

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie I love your blog so far :) is this a resent buy? LBD is a favourite of mine and this one is stunning :) your doing a fab ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much love!! my mum got me this one as my Christmas present. Apparently this dress went into sale for £22. Booooo it's why I always wait for sales. They might have some left online?? Hope you are well xxx

      Delete